--LIMITED TO 650 RUNNERS--
EARLY BIRD PRICE:
$40 ($35 Military)
2/1/20 PRICE INCREASES TO:
$45 ($40 Military)
3/1/20 PRICE INCREASES TO:
$50 ($45 Military)
4/1/20 PRICE INCREASES TO:
$55 ($50 Military)
4/10/20 DAY BEFORE RACE PRICE:
$60 ($55 Military)
4/11/20 DAY OF RACE PRICE:
$65 ($60 Military)
The 7th annual El Paso, TX. InSANDity obstacle course event takes place on a scenic, point-to-point course on Saturday 4/11/2020 with heats of competitors starting at 8am and concluding at 12pm.
You can sign up for the COMPETITIVE 8am DOUBLE LOOP Heat which awards the FASTEST MALE & FEMALE competitor $100 or you can sign up for the more casual SINGLE LOOP heats which take place on every time slot after 8:30am.
WARNING: The DOUBLE LOOP is 2x around the course and is for runners who have a high endurance level and want to push themselves for their best time (and maybe win $100 for their efforts).
The SINGLE LOOP is 1x around the course and is for the person who just wants to complete the run with their friends and family while having a good time.
Enjoy live DJ music during and after the event to keep you motivated and indulge in our beer vendor on site. It's going to be a great time!
There is a 650 person limit and prices increase as the date draws closer so register as soon as you're able!
The Sandbox Sunset Sports, is a local non-profit organization dedicated to help local underprivileged talented athletes.
By participating in our event, you're helping community kids who need help. Thanks for helping out!
<==HERE'S SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER ON RACE DAY==>
- ALL obstacles will have HARD and EASY options so you can choose the level of difficulty that feels right for you. If you're just not up for an obstacle, just do 10 jumping jacks and keep moving on!
- Heats will start every 30 MINUTES, and you can chose which time you want to run on registration. Discounts for Active OR Prior Military!
- You MUST sign the online waiver to complete your registration and be eligible for the obstacle course event.
- Make sure you show up at least 30 minutes before your heat to register and pick up your Goodie Bag which has your Race BIB ID #. (it's going to get crowded so PLEASE come early).
- Parking will be availabe a block away from the facility on the corner of LaVon and Gerard. Facility is located at 3631 Gerard (Zaragoza and Montana area)
- Make sure to wear tennis shoes and sun block and bring a towel to dry off! It's going to get muddy!
- VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT: There will ALSO be a sand volleyball tournament happening at the SAME DAY, LOCATION and TIME as the InSANDity event. If you want to participate in the SAND VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT then click the button below to LEARN MORE and SIGN UP.
For updates to the InSANDIty event as it relates to the COVID-19 CoronaVirus please visit our update page here - http://sandboxsunsetsports.org/corona/
The event will have to be moved based on the current situation of the stay at home order issued by EL Paso County on March 23rd.
At present we have 168 participants only that are spread out every 30 minutes from 8am to 12pm so the amount of concentration should be decreased enough when the stay at home order is lifted. We are expecting the CDC guidelines to go back to the 50 people recommendation as the coronavirus slowly becomes contained. This might be in 2 weeks or 2 months as no one can say for sure. What IS for sure is that when the stay at home order is lifted people will need something to do (as long as it is safe!) Here are the numbers for the event at present:
8:00am: 38 runners
8:30am: 11 runners
9:00am: 37 runners
9:30am: 10 runners
10:00am: 40 runners (FULL)
10:30am: 26 runners
11:00am: 0 runners
11:30am: 6 runners
As this will be OUTSIDE spread out over MILES of space, we feel there would be a much lessened chance of cross contamination when the stay at home order is lifted and guidance is sent out from the CDC and El Paso County.
We continue to monitor the situation and will update everyone via email, text message and app push notifications.